1.10.10

this is the woman mateo lives with...

Matthew's senora




Whenever she'd "fall", she preferred to be helped up by her foot & not hand

Using a man's back to write on


Hitting the poor man with an umbrella










 

Falling to her knees after he kissed her

This man had mad energy














Host

Mateo, host cousin, some civilian & host brother

I personally love stand-up comedy because afterall, laughter is the cheapest medicine right? Also, anyone who knows me knows I love to laugh & I laugh at almost everything. So when Matt told me that his homestay mom was going to perform, I had to go so I'd be able to say I saw stand-up in Madrid even though I knew I probably wouldn't be able to understand most of the jokes. Needless to say, I was right. Through most of the acts both Matt & I would just smile & nod at everything. The only punchlines we remotely understood were the perverted ones since the comedians would make obscene gestures & we all know those are universal (languages may differ but human bodies & their "animal instincts"  are all the same). But it was a good time nonetheless :)

A majority of the comedians picked on me and/or Matt at some point during their acts. We don't know if it's because we were front row & looked that lost or what, but by the end of the 1st round, everyone at the place knew my name. & By the time we left, everyone knew Matt's as well. Don't ask. Let's just say that the Jesus looking man in two of the photos above got all up in my face with his microphone, asked for my name then repeated it in a very demented, disturbing way that had the entire audience laughing. *kanye shrug. During the break we walked up to him & told him we were from California to which he started to apologize since he probably felt like he harassed me, but we told him it was fine & that we were enjoying ourselves.

During the break we also met the host of the show who I deduced, according to audience laughter, was apparently pretty funny. He was really kind as well & used the fact that we were from California to interact with us in his next act on stage. He asked if we liked Obama & I of course threw up my hand & screamed but then got a bit... aggravated when he said that our president wasn't really black & that's part of the reason he got to become president & Hilary didn't since Americans are slowly working through prejudice, i.e. race, gender, etc. I've heard that Spaniards, like alot of countries, can be racist towards blacks, but now I wonder if they many of them think that about Obama & about people of mixed-gender in general. If I was half-white & half-Filipino, would I not be considered Filipino? Ignorance is... sad & upsetting.

So after that serious note, it was finally Matt's mom's turn up on stage. Boy was I not expected that. She showed up as a professor from England with a wig that would later fall off, giant glasses, an umbrella as a cane, loose sheets of paper in her hand & a a huge book bag. With her fake English accent, I was actually able to understand the majority her Spanish, even though she didn't really say alot. She'd just keep asking the host if she had three minutes & would keep telling us, the audience, to not laugh & be serious because it was a "conference". Most of the time she was on she would just keep falling. It was so absurd & bizarre to see her as the woman Matt lives with that I got an ab workout from laughing so hard. She then pulled a man out of the audience, made him take of his shirt so she could write on his back since she didn't have a chalkboard then started hitting him w her umbrella. Oh & then she made him kiss her on her lips. 

On that note, I'll end with saying that that was a stand-up show I will never ever forget. Good times only keep coming :)

P.S. Sorry for the photos being out of line- literally- I don't know how to fix it :/
P.P.S. ibiza part II still coming up lol

No comments: